Business Performance Capability
As far as performance capability goes, the Driving Miss Daisy® business model is tried and tested. We offer a unique service in a rapidly expanding market. The opportunities in the support sector are significant, thereby offering an excellent franchise opportunity.
Performance Capability – the model
At Stage 4 of the process, you will sign the Expression of Interest Form. We then go through the indicative franchise financial model, to show 5-year growth. This model is then flexed to become your bespoke model for business forecast and targets. Consequently, how your financial model looks depends on various performance capabilities:
• What are your ambitions as a business owner?
• What do you want your business to look like in 5 years?
• How will you structure your business for growth?
• What financial investment is required?
• Which sectors in the community will you offer your service to?
Performance Capability – your franchise set-up
Each franchisee has a preference on how they will run their area. Clearly, this in turn influences the performance capability of your franchise. For example, preferences may include;
- Building a fleet of cars and drivers to serve whole towns and communities
- Running multiple franchises across a region
- Starting with one car and building the fleet as demand grows
- Starting with 2 or more cars for quicker traction in the market
- Being an owner-driver and delivering the service yourself
- Having an owner-managed business, concentrating on building business. For example, this could include using a Franchise Manager to run operations and help grow it, too.
Performance Capability – your efforts
- Individual franchisee performance influences the success of the franchise
- The hours required to dedicate to a franchise are the same as a full-time job. In the start-up phase, often more
- Embracing the franchise training and methods is important
- Understanding your strengths and weaknesses is essential. Furthermore, how you utilise your strengths and manage weaknesses will affect business outcomes
Driving Miss Daisy® are unable to guarantee any level of financial achievement. Individual franchisee performance will significantly influence the success of the franchise.