- Power of Connections: Annual Conference
Power of Connections: Annual Conference4 Feb 2019
The theme for this year’s Conference was ‘Power of Connections’. Saturday 2nd February, 3rd UK Annual Conference and sub-zero temperatures inside and out! We had a tremendous turn out from franchisees from all over the country, despite the poorly timed whiteout in the South West.
Along with a UK round up, we listened to inspiring insights from Dr Thomas Wells – living as a paraplegic and having a successful career in medicine. We also had presentations from some of our complementary organisations. Sessions on sharing best practice on a number of burning topics, the day warmed up nicely and was incredibly thought provoking.
We welcomed brand new teams not yet trading, alongside our much more established franchisees who were engaging, encouraging and reflective.
2018 Franchise Awards
Our winners had a moment to bask in the spotlight and enjoy recognition of their achievements from last year. Congratulations go to all of you:
- Going the Extra Mile – Kate Hampton (Winchester)
- Best Testimonial – Tricia Turton (Seaton)
- Small Acorns – Davina Clarke (Kingswinford)
- Best Social Media – Melanie and Natalie (Kings Lynn)
- Most High Profile Story – Nigel Stead (Ipswich)
- Most Successful Franchise – Martin and Sally Kounnas (Keighley)
- Supplier of the Year – Nick Overton (Greenhouse Graphics)
- Trainer of the Year – Deb Steer (MCG Training)
Just remember though “the only person to compete against is yesterday’s you”. You do not have to be the biggest or the best, you just need to be committed, consistent and conscientious in your approach. Also, never forget the ‘Power of Connections’ as there is a wealth of people, information and best practise to help your business.
And so we focus and reset ourselves for a busy and successful 2019. Everyone left with energy and enthusiasm in abundance and a day-by-day list of things to do. Marketing ideas with bite sized aims and objectives to accomplish and a little central heating(!) – the perfect combination for a hot year ahead.
This short video summed up a very successful day (also on our YouTube channel):